Gleeson Clan Gathering
Whether you are a Gleeson, a Gleason, a Glisson, or a Glissane, or you have a connection to one, or you simply want to be one, do come along to the event and enjoy the activities we have planned for you – EVERYONE is welcome!
Most events are free (we like to give you value for money), but all events must be reserved in advance (even the free events) in order that we know how many people will be attending each event and can plan accordingly. Additional events may be added in due course if some of the events below are overbooked or demand is high. To reserve your place on specific events, please see our Reservations page for instructions.
Friday August 19th 2016
Event: Friday Evening Welcome (event code A1: cost 10 euro TBC*)
Venue: The Scouts’ Hall, Ashe Rd, Nenagh Bridge, Nenagh, Tipperary (click here for map)
Time: the Scouts’ Hall will be open from 3pm for a Meet & Greet so that people can come and register, collect their registration packs, put up posters, visit stands & displays, etc. Then from 7pm we will start a programme of evening activities asoutlined below.
15.00 Meet & Greet
– Registration (collect Registration Packs)
– Attendees to put up their Gleeson Family History Charts, genealogy posters, etc
– Visit Stands & Displays
– Genealogy consultations (with Nora O’Meara of the North Tipperary Genealogy Centre)
– DNA consultations & testing (with Dr Maurice Gleeson of the Gleason/Gleeson DNA Project)
– Socialising19.00 Welcome by Michael Gleeson, Chairman of the Organising Committee
19.10 Official Opening by Representative of Tipperary Local Authority (TBC*)
19.30 Dermot F Gleeson Memorial Lecture. Danny Grace, Historian and Author
20.15 Vote of Thanks by family of Dermot F Gleeson
20.30 Questions and Discussions
20.45 Wine & Cheese Reception